Tuesday, December 6, 2011

helluva weekend. very busy.
saturday after work i came home all fired up, hellbent to put up the christmas tree and inject some holiday spirit into my life.

made dog stockings and hung em up, busted out the big rubbermaid tub of xmas crap and went to town.

got the little aluminum tree up and in a "sort of safe, out of the way" spot. i've got all glass ornaments, mostly mercury glass, so heres to hoping the dogs don't decide to tackle it.

put up the tiny aluminum tree too. all kinds of holiday-ed out now. the house is pretty festive on the inside.
hunter p has been taking some really stellar long exposure photos lately, and it was a big inspiration for taking a house photo to send to andrews relatives with xmas cards.

my friend shane got a new fancy canon and has been playing with it every chance he gets. asked him to come by and take a couple snaps of the place. i like the photos way better than a boring old daytime straight forward shot. andrews relatives live mostly out of state and know that we bought a house, but don't know much else about it. it'll be a nice way to let them see the place, and share some stuff in the form of a holiday greeting.
took a couple super secret moped related xmas card photos, got a bunch of cards to mail out this week.
after the house became festive, it was time to tackle the most important issue, getting the RV out of the mud in the backyard where it was stuck.
Booyeah for pneumatic jacks that run off the compressor
andrew bought a super cool pnuematic jack to run off his birthday compressor and we were super pumped to test it out.
it took about ten seconds to get the winnie's back end off the ground and out of the 8" hole that it was in. AWESOME!

filled the hole in with gravel and supported the raised side with a jackstand, and hit up the other side of the Rv, did the exact same thing.

drove it out of the previously stuck spot, and started moving it to the permanent winter storage place in the yard. the ground was still super wet, so it kept getting stuck while we were parallel parking it between our shed and a maple tree.

we'd stop, dig a wheelbarrow full of gravel, fill up the hole, then keep driving.
hard work, but the end was so near!

if this gives you any idea of how many times we had to do it, you can see HOW MUCH GRAVEL is around the passenger side of the winnie. um, basically half the side yard. ugh.

needless to say, we got it where we wanted it, and jacked it up. put it partially on stands on concrete blocks. we need to get two more jack stands then we'll be totally finished. for now, it was enough of an accomplishment to get it out of the middle of the yard.
monday i HAD to finish up some sewing. knocked out a couple commissioned projects, then decided to run out and bring andrew lunch at work. took all dogs for a ride in the wagon, they love going for rides.
on river road in single lane rush hour traffic, my front brakes locked up and i drove, brakes burning, as quickly as i could to the first available side street. thought the car was going to catch on fire, so much smoke was coming off the front wheel rotors. grabbed the dogs out and stood a distance away, making sure i didn't need to call the fire department. ha. how is that funny?
had to walk all three dogs down the hill to andrews work, theres no shoulder at all, in horrible trafic. so sketchy and stressful. i guess some manual subarus have these things called hill holders, basically they assist you on hills by locking the brakes on the front when you engage the clutch. when something is out of sequence or broken, they often lock the front brakes while driving. by pumping the pedal you can free them, often temporarily. this i learned on google while i was waiting for the tow truck driver. love me some internet.
got the car towed to the shop, my mechanics are awesome and were cracking jokes with me as soon as they saw me pull up.
ran home after the shop, tried to squeeze in my last goal for the day. i wanted to fit the dogs for new jackets. since it was dark, they assumed it was dinner time and were being really dramatic about NOT wanting to get fitted.
SOMEONE didnt want to get fitted for a new jacket
this dude was throwing such a temper tantrum, he kept curling up and laying down every time i took my hands off him. shivering, like he was being tortured. what a big baby. after i got his measurements correct and cut and fit a paper pattern, i cut a really nice cashmere fleece coat for him and did a final fitting. then i fed them dinner so they would stop being dramatic.
last nights weather was so warm and lovely, i was pretty pumped on the necessity to ride my mountainbike to work today.
took northbank trail cause i had a little extra time. just at the back of hollywood cemetery, i came up a corner then uphill to find that a hunter had dumped a bunch of deer parts in bags down the hill and right beside the trail.
abandoned deer parts on northbank
super bummer, to the max.
hunters ditched deer parts on northbank trail
texted a friend that often will use previously killed animals for various things, and she was gonna go check them out. its funny to have a friend resource like that, but totally helpful. they were very fresh, not stinky at all, and pretty much bagged already. ugh.
not to end on a bummer note, but its back to the work week for me. looking forward (siiiiike) to finding out how much my car's gonna cost to fix, and REALLY looking forward to the weekend already. dag.

No comments: