Thursday, December 8, 2011

aunts12
to quote my uncle,
"Seventy years ago an act of war caused a then 15-year old boy to join the Navy and fight for his country. He proudly served aboard the USS Nevada which was refloated and repaired after being sunk at Pearl Harbor. He saw many of the major battles of WW2, including Normandy, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Leyte Gulf and Cherbourg. That boy grew up to become my father. Thanks for your service and for being my hero, Dad..."
emily63
My grandpa was so awesome, I wish he was still around. Really wish I'd been older and gotten to know him better, he was such a smart and interesting guy. I love looking back at the albums of photos my mom has, my grandpa so young, in his Navy getup on the ships he served on. I'll definitely never forget the good times with him.

No comments: