Wednesday, March 26, 2008

wednesday

my 7 day weekend starts today at 8pm. i'm so excited i've got bubbleguts. everytime i get an email from an out of towner my stomach flips. i'm so completely pumped. rally time is like going out of town to me...richmond is filled with all these people you've never met or haven't seen in a long time. you hear new jokes, see new mopeds, hear new stories, and get shit talked to by all new people. i get overwhelmed with all the newness. puts me in perma smile excitement mode. i love taking folks that haven't seen richmond yet to places i think are really rad.


too bad my moped's being a dickweed. so heres the deal:

moped goes "pow pop pop sputter pop bleeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh" and cuts off going up a hill.
i get it home, find that the bulb of my brand new taillight is blown.
i replace it.
no dice. i check spark, i have none.
i check all my grounds and wire connections...everythings awesome.
i call pat, ask him to come by and see what the fuck is up.
pat says another bulb is blown(apparently i'm blind?), and shows me that simply grounding the power into the light to the frame will make my moped run in case that ever happens again.
i get a new light, and new bulbs, hook everything up. run a better ground to the new light fixture.
still no dice.
when i ground the power for the taillight, the moped runs like a mofo, but has no headlight also.
WHY???

i don't get it. somethings wrong. hooked up backwards. if the headlight bulb blew i'm gonna punch somebody.

wow. its 4pm, i've got 4 hours left in my shift, and i've already become bored with the internet. bad news. i still have so much to do for the rally that i'm antsy with just sitting here while its slow. bums me out to have to hang at a desk answering phone lines.

i get new teeth wednesday. maybe i'll be cute then. ha.

No comments: